Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Fall Harvest

This past weekend my kids and I headed over to their Grandparents house to pick some fruit. Little did I know how much more than just fruit we would be coming home with. While I did most of the picking the kids had a blast driving around in the golf cart and stirring up lots of dust. Our chocolate lab was in turn chasing the cart. My french bulldog Bella followed me around after realizing that running after a golf cart wasn’t something her little legs were made to do. So she and I enjoyed the crisp fall air and navigated our way through the fruit trees and vegetable gardens. We were blessed with an abundance of pomegranates, persimmons, radishes, peppers, cucumbers, and squash. Hearing my children shriek with laughter while I picked the bountiful harvest made me stop and reflect on all that we have to be thankful for. As we enter this season of Thanksgiving and Christ’s birth I am thankful for my family, our health, and the wonderful opportunities afforded to us this past year. I am looking forward to all that 2010 has in store for our family!
The colors of our harvest remind me of this season; such a beautiful time of year!




Scraps from all the root vegetables for our compost bin:



Our Beautiful Harvest!!





What are you thankful for this season? I'd love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails