This week in our homeschool we have begun a Lewis & Clark study. I have also decided to begin writing a United States state study with the main goal of memorizing the states and their capitals as well as key facts about each state. Both of these ventures are impromptu much like other parts of our history studies. Core subjects are always planned out ahead of time using prewritten curriculum but I tend to let my children and their interests dictate our history and social study topics. Once I get these study guides and lessons plans completed I will post them here on my blog for all to enjoy for free. Afterall, many hands make light work.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Last year I stumbled upon The Well Planned Day Homeschool Planner published by Home Educating Family Magazine and immediately knew this was the planner for me. I really needed a planner that could accommodate multiple students on the same page and included the main subjects with areas to amend subject planning as needed. The Well Planned Day Homeschool Planner has everything I need and more. I loved this planner so much last year that I knew without a doubt that I would use the same planner this year eventhough I am now teaching three of my children. This planner can accommodate lesson plans for up to 4 students on one page in a very clean and organized format.
Not only does this homeschool planner accommodate a larger number of students than most other planners on the market it is packed full of wonderful articles and useful suggestions for Mom. The beautifully decorated pages along with the articles draw me to the planner even when I am not actively planning. I have read and re-read each article numerous times for encouragement and advice; each time gleaning something new from the pages.
If you are searching for the "perfect" homeschool curriculum planner I encourage you to consider The Well Planned Day homeschool planner.
You can preview The Well Planned Homeschool Planner here
Pricing and ordering information:
The Well Planned Day Homeschool Teacher Planner $24.95
Many other planers available such as student and on-the-go planners
- Spiral Bound with Three Hole Drilled to Fit into Binders
- Over 230 Full Color Pages
- Full Year Planner: July 2011 - June 2012
- Home Management with weekly cleaning schedule, monthly projects, greeting card registry, and monthly budgeting.
- NEW in 2011, Holiday Organization Section: Greeting card registry, activities and event schedules, gift giving, around town shopping, and internet shopping.
- Organize and plan for up to 4 children in one convenient book.
- Four Student Class Plans: Schedule each student's class assignments.
- Four Student Time Schedules: Track each day by the hour.
- Weekly Schedule: Organize your week with class assignments, weekly priorities, prayer requests, dinner menu, and notes.
- Month at a Glance: Plan field trips, enrichment activities and books to read
- Semester Attendance & Progress Reports
- Perforated Report Cards
- Menu Planning: Plan weekly meals and conveniently shop with perforated shopping lists.
- Family Worship: Read through the Bible in a year.
- Insightful homeschool articles and tips to inspire you throughout the year.
- and much more....