Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Father’s World Supplemental Books for Letters S & M

My boys and I started this school year with a “big boxed” curriculum. I had high hopes but unfortunately the history portion just wasn’t up to my standards. After reading lots of reviews and seeking advice from my homeschool friends I decided to go with My Father’s World From A to Z Kindergarten (MFWK) for my youngest son. We just finished our second week and we both absolutely love it!!

My kids and I love the library and love having ample books around the house that relate to what we are studying. So as a result I have compiled a list of additional reading books for the first 2 weeks of MFWK. I did this mainly for myself as I have a preschooler who is chomping at the bit to do school with her older brothers. Some of the resources listed below are non-fictional while others are fun reads about the Sun and Moon from a fictional perspective. If you are using or have used MFWK and can recommend additional resources please let me know, I’d love to add more to my lists.

Letter S – Sun
The Sun by Scholastic News
Exploring The Sun by Rebecca Olien
Who Likes the Sun by Etta Kaner
Sunshine Makes the Seasons by Franklyn Branley
Sun Up, Sun Down The Story of Day and Night by Jacqui Bailey



Letter M – Moon (and space)
Reaching for the Moon by Buzz Aldrin
Space Heroes Amazing Astronauts by James Buckley Jr.
Astronaut Handbook by Meghan McCarthy
Astronauts and other Space Heroes by Smithsonian
Moon by DK Eyewitness Books
If you Decide to go to the Moon by Faith McNulty
Look at the Stars by Buzz Aldrin
Mission to the Moon by Alan Dyer
Exploring the Moon by Rebecca Olien
The Magic School Bus takes a Moonwalk by Scholastic
Kingfisher Voyages Space with Sally Ride
The Moon by Seymour Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails