Saturday, December 19, 2009

Clothespin Counting Activity

Whether it be during homework after school or during school time for homeschoolers, younger siblings are typically disruptive and distracting because they are bored. In an effort to keep my young preschooler busy while her older brothers do school I have been searching for activities she can do on her own or with little supervision. Not only are these activities a sanity saver for me but it also teaches her to work independently.

Clothespin counting activities have been around for a long time. As I was searching the internet for free printable clothespin cards I was disappointed in the lack of color and creativity. So I decided to just make my own. My version not only teaches numeral recognition and number word reading, but I have also added color recognition.  You will see that each smiley face on my cards are a different color of the rainbow. You can purchase inexpensive clothespins at your local discount store if you don’t have any laying around the house. Also, today I used colored bingo markers and they worked just as well. Both the clothespins and bingo markers help your preschoolers fine motor skills. As I mention in the file below I recommend printing on card stock and laminating for durability.

Clothespin Counting Acitivity

If you use these sheets with your preschooler please let me know. I’d love to hear if you enjoy them or have suggestions for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails