Monday, January 18, 2010

New batch of laundry soap


I liked my homemade powdered laundry soap so well I decided to make a big batch today to last us a while. I had 12 bars of soap so I used everything I had and by the grace of God just had enough of the dry ingredients to make it complete. After bar #5 my arm was getting tired of shredding so I cleared the cob webs from my mind and tried to think of something that could shred for me. My solution: my food processor. It worked like a charm!! The shred was larger than my hand shredder but it will still do the job in my washer just the same. What a time saver!! I am interested to see how long this batch lasts.


The blue bucket is what I am using to store my large batch of laundry soap. I have a smaller container I use on a daily basis and add to it as needed from the larger bucket.

Edited to add: homemade laundry soap can be used in HE washers. Instead of 1T-2T use half of a tablespoon per load. Here is the link to the recipe I use, she specifically states that this recipe can be used in HE washers.

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to make this for awhile now, but I have a HE washer. I wonder how it would do with an HE washer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbi, I have added an answer to your question as well as link the recipe verifying this can be used in HE washers. Please let me know how you like using homemade soap if you try it.

    Thank you for reading,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails