Friday, January 8, 2010

Family Friendly Friday Tip #1

As mothers I think we always want to do better for our families. Be it keep a cleaner home, become more organized, stretch the family budget, or even just be a more Godly parent. To that end each Friday I will be posting a family friendly tip on a variety of topics. And if there is something you would like help with please do not hesitate to contact me because if you need help with something I can guarantee so do a lot of other women.


Family Friendly Friday Tip #1: Make your own laundry detergent. 

Help the environment and save a ton of money!! I have started making my own powdered laundry soap and I love it. Originally I had planned on making the liquid detergent but I found a very easy and quick powder recipe so I gave it a try. The liquid recipe will still save you a ton of money over store bought versions but the powder is quicker and easier which not only saves you money but also a TON of time (something we can all use more of in the day).
Just to give you an example of my cost savings, store bought detergent costs me anywhere from 0.15 to 0.20 cents per load. The powder homemade detergent costs me just over 0.1 cent per load. Praise the LORD!!

Here is the recipe for powder and liquid homemade laundry detergent.

I pray that you all have a blessed weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Alexis, thanks for posting this. I saw the Duggars on TV making their own soap and really wanted to try to do so myself but felt that it would be too overwhelming. But this sounds so managable I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you like it just as much as the store bought? I'm just wondering if R would go for that, I think he might be pretty skeptical LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails