Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (a day late)


2010 is my year to get organized and run my home more efficiently. To that end, I have started planning my menu a month at a time; sometimes though I can only get to 2 weeks at a shot. To make my planning easier I have created a meal planner customizable for each month which I have linked at the end of this post.

The concept of meal planning is simple; plan your meals to save money as well as time. When time allows I plan meals around weekly sales at my local grocery stores. Also, I was famous for walking in the kitchen at 3 or 4pm and staring blankly at the pantry and refrigerator wondering what I was going cook for my family that night. Not only did that waste my time and cause me frustration every afternoon, our meals were boring and lacked creativity. Now that I plan ahead I ensure that I have everything we need ahead of time and our meals are more interesting than before. Tuesday is our long standing taco night and in a pinch I can substitute one or two evenings of planning for leftovers.

Save money, save time, and save frustration. Plan your meals!

Here is our menu for the week:

Sunday: Chicken fajitas with grilled red peppers

Monday: Eggplant Lasagna

Tuesday: Tacos

Wednesday: Crockpot chicken

Thursday: Beef & Broccoli

Friday: Homemade pizza

Saturday: Fish tacos

Monthly dinner menu planner


If you use my planner, all I ask is that you do not link or repost elsewhere claiming it as your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails