Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Everlasting Life

The topic of everlasting life has been on my heart a lot since this weekend. On our way to visit my Mom, my 5 year old asked a lot of questions about good and bad people and even surprised me by remembering the gist of a verse we learned a few weeks ago about Godly people having two lives and wicked people only having one life. This morning I was led to verses on this subject.

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him  from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10

And that is what God has testified; He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God's Son does not have life. 1John 5:11-12

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth anoyone who believes has eternal life" John 6:47

Today I would like to encourage you to believe on the Lord as your Savior. He died for our sins and so that we can have eternal life with our Holy Father, God Almighty. Simply believing is not enough however, scripture tells us that we must also walk in the way of the Lord.

In prayer:
Our Lord in heaven I give you praise on this blessed day you have given me. Thank you Heavenly Father for sending your only Son to die for my sins and wash me clean of all my insecurities. Blessed Lord you gave your life to save mine, through you I have been given eternal life in heaven with my Heavenly Father. Please grant me the strength and wisdom to find my way here on Earth and walk the path you have set before me before I was even born. In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails