Saturday, March 6, 2010

Family Friendly Friday #4

When is the last time you disinfected your child's bath toys?

Because bath toys typically do not have a chance to fully dry out between bath time use they can grow nasty germs very quickly. If your kids are like mine, their bath toys are in their mouth at least once every bath time. I cringe to think about the germs they ingest from their toys. The solution is simple though; regularly clean those toys. I like to clean our toys twice a month. I clean our bathrooms every week so every other time I clean I pop the toys in a disinfecting wash. Also, I have done away with the squirting bath toys, you know the ones that hold water inside a fun animal shape. There is no good way to get those clean and they grow bacteria quickly.

Here is the recipe I use to wash our toys:

1/2 cup white vinegar per gallon of warm water
Submerge the toys, let them soak for 10 minutes or more.
Finish cleaning by scrubbing them with a sponge or soft bristle brush.
Let dry and they can be enjoyed again, nice and clean.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails