Thursday, February 28, 2013

2:1 Conference Introduction





As I've mentioned before, I will be attending the Titus 2:1 conference in April. I am beyond excited and feel very blessed to have this opportunity. Lord willing, this will be the first time I will be away from my 6 children, alone. YIKES!

The conference organizers have asked us to answer a few "get to know you better" type of fun questions. So here goes nothing!

1. How long have you been blogging and homeschooling? Which is harder?

I have been blogging for just over 8 years. I started soon after my first son was born. It was my way of letting my family spread out across the country watch him grow and hear about his adventures. We are currently marching along our 4th year of homeschooling. Homeschooling is by far harder than blogging. Writing has set rules and unless I've missed something somewhere along the line there is no rule book for homeschooling or motherhood.

2. If you were a super hero, what would be your super power?

Hands down my super power would be to do a million things all at once. Imagine how much I'd get done!

3. If I could go anywhere, besides the 2:1 conference, where would be your dream "mom-cation"?

This is a tough question! There are so many places I'd love to visit. My husband and I often talk about where we are going to visit first once the kids are grown and we can afford these large trips. I'd love to travel around Ireland, experiencing the untouched and often unvisited parts. Maybe even stay with locals and experience the culture first hand if possible.

4. What would you like to get out of the 2:1 conference?

First and foremost, because I am going as a part of my job with A Moment with M.O.M. and Covenant Ranch Trucking, I want to glean as much as I can to help both of these sites grow. Secondly, I'd love to find out how to grow this blog when the time comes. Networking strategies is probably top of my list for that weekend.

Titus 2:1 Conference

Outside of blogging and homeschooling I am fervently trying to cause upheaval in my family's diet. We are removing all processed foods from our kitchen so learning to replace them with real whole foods is a full-time job. I have been blessed with 6 amazing children, 5 from my womb and one from marriage. Our family changed dramatically in 2011 when our twin girls were born far too early at 26 weeks. Being a mother of micro-preemie twins was the furthest thing from my list of life possibilities. God has a plan much greater than anything I can ever think of though. 362 days after the girls were born God blessed us with a little boy and just like that we have irish triplets. Before my career in homeschooling I was a fitness instructor for a national company that teaches exercise classes for moms and their kiddos in strollers.

Well that about does it for now, if you are attending this years 2:1 conference I am looking forward to meeting you.

If you'd like to read more introductions from my fellow attendees, head over to the 2:1 blog


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails