Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gratitude challenge 2011 days 12-20

I've fallen behind on my gratitude posting, not surprising really since schedules are not my forte. Nonetheless, this challenge has still been on my mind and heart everyday.

Day 12: On this cold and blustery day, I am thankful for the warm house I call home.

Day 13: I am thankful for a full night sleep. Jillian may not be the best napper during the day but she knows how to sleep through the night and that makes her lack of daytime sleep worth all the struggles.

Day 14: Today I am thankful for the little guy kicking inside my belly. So much of this pregnancy has been filled with thoughts and pondering of true blessings and miracles. If my twins hadn't arrived early the life that now grows within me would have never been possible simply by way of timing. I am excited to be this little guy's Momma, I know without a doubt he has a special purpose. Otherwise God would not have orchestrated all of the events of this year which made his life possible.

Day 15: Today is for my 4 year old daughter who is finally staying dry at night. There were days that I thought this milestone might never be reached but she has done it without much struggle.

Day 16: Today I am thankful for the simple things like hot tea and fresh brewed coffee with Almond Joy creamer. Sleep doesn't always come at night and these two drinks help me through my day when nothing else (besides prayer of course) does.

Day 17: November 17th was the 1st annual world prematurity day, so on this day I was incredibly thankful for my micro preemie twins born earlier this year at 26weeks 5days. Everyday I give thanks and praise for their health and well being.

Day 18: I am thankful for my first born. He is growing up into such a wonderful young boy. He is kind, caring, and so full of life.

Day 19: I am thankful that one of my babies has learned to put herself to sleep for naptime. I simply lay her in the crib and without a peep or whine she sleeps for hours on end. Thank you Britian for this and many other blessings you bring to our family.

Day 20: Today I am thankful for my husband who willing takes our children places that he knows they will enjoy. This afternoon he is ice skating with our oldest 3.

What are you thankful for today?




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Children are such a blessing & so worth all the lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails