Monday, September 6, 2010

Unanswered Prayers

Unanswered prayers are challenging. They can leave you with more questions than answers. You wonder why? You ask when? You beg and plead with God to grant your prayer request more times than you can count. But why isn't He answering your requests?

Until today I had an unanswered prayer. I began praying this prayer to my Heavenly Father over a year ago. Well over a year ago in fact. Month after month I would cry when the prayer went unanswered. I threw up my hands, questioned why, begged, pleaded, and sometimes stomped my feet in frustration. I just couldn't understand why my prayer was being ignored.

A few weeks ago the answer to why my prayers were going unanswered hit me square across the face. Prayers often go unanswered because there is an area of your life that God wants you to fix/resolve before He answers your prayer request. BAM! Talk about knocking me to my knees. After I picked myself up and dusted off my bruised and battered knees I began to examine what in my life needed fixing. A day or so later I had my answer. What the answer is here I would rather not share, but suffice to say when I began fixing that area of my life the very next morning my whole world turned around. I just hope it is not too late to fix the damage I have done over the years.

With the area of my life back on track and the feeling of calmness settled over me God told me that it was only a matter of time until my prayer would be answered. He also gave me the peace of mind to know that even if this prayer was not answered the benefit I would reap from repairing the other part of my life far outweighed my unanswered prayer.

My God is an awesome God though and today He answered my prayer. My unanswered prayer was brilliantly and joyfully granted today. Praise be to Him!! The joy from today's answer coupled with the happiness I am experiencing from the resolved portion of my life is simply overwhelming. Sometimes, we need to just step back and quite asking for things from God and instead ask what God wants us to do. When I did this, He has given me a precious gift.

What is the precious gift that He has given me today? Wouldn't you love to know!!! ;)  I promise I will reveal my blessing in a few weeks. Until then, feel free to make a guess.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yes, been through the unanswered prayers and prayers answered in ways I did not want too. ((hugs)) Praying for you and your good news!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails