Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gratitude challenge 2011 Days 21-30

As I mentioned in my last Gratitude Challenge post, I am not good at everyday routines. :) Never the less, this challenge has been on my mind everyday and it has helped me be more aware of those little things in life that too easily get overlooked and unappreciated.

November 21 - Being that today is the first annual National Prematurity Awareness day, I am thankful for my micro preemie twins who have overcome more obstacles in their 9 months of life than perhaps I have in my entire 34 years. These two girls have taught me more than I could have ever imagined this past year and everyday I am thankful for their precious little lives.

November 22 - Today I am thankful for something simple and something that I at times take for granted, but today I give thanks for a reliable car that accommodates my growing family. A car that I know will start when I need it, keeps us warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.

November 23 - As my belly continues to grow and my energy continues to decrease I am more and more dependent on my husband for help. Today he was a tremendous amount of help in getting our house cleaned up for tomorrow. I couldn't have gotten half of the things accomplished today without him, he is a huge blessing to our family.

November 24 - Happy Thanksgiving!! As my family and I celebrated and gave thanks today I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of blessing and I looked upon my family and all that we have thankful for, especially considering the events of this year.

November 25 - Can I be thankful for Thanksgiving leftovers today? Well good because I am. I purposely didn't eat them for lunch so I could enjoy all the yummy fixings for dinner. Sometimes it is the little things in life.

November 26- Today we put up our Christmas tree and the kids decorated it. As I sorted through ornaments I looked at my twins watching all the comings and goings from their high chair and was immediately struck with the emotions of this season. My girls are home and healthy, they will be at home to celebrate their first Christmas, I couldn't ask for anything more.

November 27 - I can't go all month without at least one mention of how grateful I am that I am able to stay home with my children and homeschool them. Neither of which I could do without the support of my husband. It isn't always easy but I can't imagine life any other way.

November 28 - Today I am struggling with pregnancy aches and pains but despite the discomfort I am thankful for the blessing that continues to grow within me. For numerous reasons above and beyond the normal "every child is a blessing and gift" the little boy that will arrive early next year is a special gift and I can't wait to see what God has in store for this little one. His life would not be possible is his twin sisters hadn't of arrived as early as they did.

November 29 - With the outside temperature hovering around freezing, I am so thankful to be able to come home to a nice warm house. A warm house where my family and I can be safe and protected from the cold just outside our windows is greatly appreciated today.

November 30 - Today, the last day of this challenge, I am simply thankful for this challenge. I have thought more about the blessings that surround me this past month than I have in a long time. I found myself saying more prayers throughout my day giving thanks and praise to God for all that He has provided for my family and I.

Everyday is a good day to give thanks for your blessings!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails