Friday, November 19, 2010

Review: KB Teachers TOS Crew


In the world of educational websites the options are nearly endless. While the options are almost limitless, the quality of most sites leaves a lot to be desired. As homeschoolers are time is precious and wasting time searching through a sea of educational websites does not typically rank high on our everyday to-do list. Imagine then, how excited I was when as part of The Old Schoolhouse review crew I was given the opportunity to review KBTeachers.

Initially I expected the average run-of-the-mill educational website. You know the kind, one full of busy work worksheets and lacking in educational content. Upon delving into KBTeachers my low expectations were blown out of the water! The first night I explored KBTeachers I could not possibly look through all of the wonderful resources and worksheets available for preschool through older students (roughly junior high). KBTeachers provides teachers with graphics and clipart, custom worksheet generators, activities, printable worksheets in a wide variety of subjects (even biology lessons), coloring pages, and handwriting sheets (printing, cursive, etc). No matter your subject matter there is sure to be a resource available on KBTeachers while will add educational content to your lesson.

How we used this resource:
Unlike other educational websites, I was able to utilize KBTeachers for all 3 of my children (ages 3, 6, and 9). Some days this option proved to be a wonderful time saver. If one of my children finished their schoolwork early or needed extra help with a topic I simply (and quickly) found a worksheet or activity for them to complete and enjoy. When my 9 year old needed extra cursive practice which our current handwriting curriculum does not support I simply printed out the appropriate worksheet from KBTeacher. When my preschooler needed something to color which corresponded to a lesson I was teaching her older brothers I found some wonderful coloring resources on this site. Lastly, when my 6 year old wanted a math lesson which his current curriculum did not cover to the depth he desired I was able to customize and print additional worksheets from him to complete. The more and more I used KBTeachers the more I realized the educational limits were endless.

The best part of KBTeachers is that much of their worksheets and resources are completely FREE! If you find that you want to use their premium resources you can purchase a premium membership for a reasonable fee.

At the time of this posting: 1 year $29, 2 years $49. If you pay with paypal you can enjoy their premium services for 10 days risk free. If you pay with your credit card you will have 30 days risk free to use their premium resources.

Be sure and check out the other wonderful reviews from my fellow TOS Crew reviewers!




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great site! Thanks for reviewing it! How are you feeling?! Better I hope! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails